Extended School Year 2013
The American School for the Deaf is pleased to announce its Extended School Year Programs. ASD provides two options depending on the age of your child.
- Option 1 is a 3 week program: July 8- 26 for ages 3-7 and ages 14-21 (On Campus School Program only)
- Option 2 s a 5 week program: June 23 – July 26 for ages 8 – 13
- Camp Isola Bella June 23 to July 6
- On Campus School Program July 8 to July 26
Extended School Year (ESY) means services are provided beyond the length of the regular school year. Eligibility for ESY must be determined each year for individual students at their annual PPT. If the PPT determines your child qualified for ESY based upon regression criteria, then the LEA assumes the financial responsibility for the Summer School program. As part of our regression prevention goal, all programs incorporate literacy and math skills into the daily instruction.
- Morning drop off: 8:30 a.m.
- Classes: 8:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:45 – 12:15 p.m.Classes: 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- Recreation: 1:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. (Monday – Thursday)
- Dismissal: 3:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday; Friday at 1:30 p.m.
- Elementary and Junior High classes (PK-8 grades) at Cogswell Building
- Quad 1 classes at Vocational Building
- Senior High School classes (Grades 9-12) to be announced
Students are required to bring their own lunch and a swimsuit/towel each day. If your child is in need of Related Services, you must request these services with your School District at the PPT meeting.
- Aural Habilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
The School District (LEA) is responsible for daily transportation.
Please complete the registration form.
Summer Programs 2013 Calendar
For information about Camp Isola Bella, please click here.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding summer programs. Hope to see you this summer!
Jeffrey S. Bravin
Assistant Executive Director